Bumbleberry

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Rough One

It's been a rough week..emotionally and physically.  But like they always say, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

This past week started with the passing of my Grandma.  She was a great woman who loved her Lord and is now happy and content in his Kingdom!  It gives comfort now, but at the time, her passing only brought sadness.

By this past Wednesday night, I was starting to not feel well and chalked it up to baby getting bigger and my stomach running out of room.  Turns out it was a touch of the lovely bug...norovirus.  I would have given anything for a couple bags of IV fluid!

During the few days of not feeling well was also my Grandma's wake and funeral.  I was honored that my aunts and uncles asked me to give the eulogy.  The only problem?  I'm a hormonal, pregnant woman and with the virus making it's way through my system, just standing for a few minutes made me feel dizzy and lightheaded, not to mention emotional!  My family had to think I am also the laziest pregnant woman ever since I had to sit the majority of the time.

On Sunday my family and I celebrated my Dad's 60th Birthday.  As I wrote in the post about the Dells, he's one of the most active and healthy 60 year-olds I know...until he gets hits with the norovirus too :(.  Today is my Dad's official Birthday and he's back at work...and still not well.  Did I also mention he's one of the most stubborn men I know?  I think that may be where I get it from.  Love ya, Dad!

By Sunday night I was starting to feel better, but my dear hubby is now getting sick too.  Hmmm...

Today is now Tuesday and I am back to feeling 100% and Rob went back to work today.  Thank goodness this bout of the virus was relatively short-lived.

I had my 37 week doctor's visit today.  Everything still looks good.  Baby's heartbeat, my blood pressure and lab work all look great.  We are right on track for next week!  Did I mention that this baby is coming out in one week?  Yup!  7 days!  I don't know about you guys, but this has gone super fast for us.  There were days I never thought we'd get here, but now here we are and it feels like we're running out of time to get the last minute stuff done.  AHH!!

After my appointment, I got to spend some time with my sister, Dee at lunch.  It was nice to be able to eat real food again!  Then I went shopping for the last minute "I need it now" type of stuff.  Done and done!

With the last week being what it was, I took some "me time" today and got a pedicure.  It was a wonderful, relaxing way to end a rough week.

As my Grandma taught us ...
with a strong faith and a positive attitude, we can be carried in the Lord’s arms through any challenge.

Thank you Grandma!  I love and miss ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment