Bumbleberry

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One month!

 4 weeks!
I can't believe it has been 4 weeks since this new little person arrived.

We are still watching his jaundice closely.  He looked a little more yellow to us over the past few days, so I took him back in yesterday for a check-up.

His bili level was at 14.7, so it had gone up, but not enough for the doctor to be too concerned.  We will have it checked again next week just to make sure it's not still going up.  The doctor called it "breastmilk jaundice".  My niece, Jayde, had it when she was a newborn and that was the first time I had heard of it.  I still need to do some reading about it to find out more info, but in short, it can last for up to 3 months, so at this point it's nothing to freak out about.

He now weighs 8 pounds 10 ounces, meaning he gained a little over half an ounce per day since his last weight was done.  The peds would is happy with is weight gain, but he was acting hungry while we were there even though I had just finished feeding him!  She then brought up the idea of supplementing with either formula or EBM after feedings if needed.  Thankfully I had started pumping and had some milk in the fridge and freezer.  We ended up needing to use it later last night.  I fed him and an hour later he woke up hungry again!  Thank God for a little bottle action!  I think Michael was thanking Him too!
Please pray and wish us luck that Michael gets all the nutrition he needs and that his weight goes up and bili goes down!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm slow with getting pictures up here.

This may come as a shock, but I haven't been doing the best with taking pictures of him.
Even though we did take some "good" pics of him a week ago, my sister mentioned that she regretted not having professional pictures taken of her girls when they were newborns.

On a whim on Monday, Rob and I took Michael into Target for a last minute photo session.
For being Target and only having a 20 minute appointment with a not-so-happy baby, we got some pretty good pictures.

I tried to attach a link, but can't figure it out.  You'll have to take my word for it...we have a pretty adorable baby!  Once I figure out how to attach them, they'll be up here.

In the meantime, this was Michael's opinion of having his pictures taken...



I really need to get the camera out more often!

Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

  1. Finally . . . an update!! But really, only one picture? I'm not complaining, really I'm not, since I prefer to see him in person!! Thanks for the update on the jaundice situation . . . and for the great post! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete