Well...
Yesterday was my first day back at work since Michael was born.
It was interesting.
I started my day at 5am. My little man must have know that his Mommy needed a good nights sleep cause he slept from 10pm - 6am. That's right, I had to wake up before he did! I didn't know how long it would take to get all the little things ready for daycare, and I didn't want to be late for work. Turns out that 5am is the perfect time to wake up!
I talked to him about how Mommy wasn't going to be hanging out with him today and that he'd be okay and I'd see him later. That's when I started to tear up. I had to turn away before I really let the tears loose! Then Rob picks him up and gets ready to feed him. He turns back around and says "Did you give him a kiss?" That just about put me over the edge! I gave him a little kiss (okay, lots of little kisses) and I was out the door.
Thankfully, I didn't have to be the one to drop him off at the center. Rob had that privilege. I called him about 2 minutes after he dropped him off to see how it went. He said he thought he was talking too much and giving them too much info cause they finally told him to have a good day and they'd see him later:).
I spent my morning in the OR circulating for 3 c-sections. It extremely wierd being in a room that just 3 months ago, I was the one laying on the table. I got a little teary during the first delivery just reliving that moment of when I saw Michael for the first time. I told the scrub tech to remind me if I forgot to do anything cause I hadn't been there for 3 months. She said not to worry cause she hadn't been there for 4 months! What a team we were! All of my co-workers were so great with welcoming me back and asking to see pictures. It was a great way for me to see pics of my little man too! It was also great to have some adult conversation.
I didn't want to be the typical, annoying, first-time mom and call daycare to see how the day was going. Since I was busy in the OR, it didn't really bother me until around 1pm. I was contemplating calling and asked my co-workers what they thought. Their response? "You haven't called yet?!?! I would have called by 8am! You're a first time mom and it's his first day of daycare! Call them!" Thank guys! You made me feel so much better! It turns out that he was having a good day and only cried when it was time to eat. I also didn't hear any screaming in the background which made me feel better.
When I got home, I snuggled that little guy and enjoyed every minute of the bedtime bottle and sleepiness that follows. He also must have known that his mom needed a recovery nights sleep after that first day cause he slept for 8 hours again!
Being back to work definitely makes me enjoy those days home, that's for sure! I am truely blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment