I started writing this post 2 weeks ago and the time just got away from me!
We celebrated Michael's first birthday two weeks ago on Saturday the 18th, at my mom and dad's house.
We were going to have it at our house, but fitting 30 people into the townhouse was just not an option.
Thank you, Mom and Dad, for letting us invade your house once again!
We decided (well, I decided) to go with the theme of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar."
I wanted to do a bug theme since I call him "bugs", but all I found was ladybug stuff.
Thanks to Pinterest, I came across the very cute, Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Thanks, Mom, for going above and beyond with printing out the adorable placemats, candy bars wrappers, and welcome sign along with everything else you and Dad did to help make the day go a little more smoothly!
We got to Mom and Dad's pretty early that morning to set up and get the decorations and food ready for the big party. The only problem was that Michael needed to take a nap and was a little hesitant to sleep in an unfamiliar crib. Luckily, he finally decided to fall asleep about 30 minutes before the scheduled party time. He got in a good hour nap, so we were hoping that the "crabber pants" side of him wouldn't show up later that afternoon!
All-in-all, is was a great day!
Michael was not a fan of digging into his cake, which was no surprise considering how he acted with the first cake on his actual birthday.
He had fun hanging out with all of his aunts, uncles and cousins!
He loves looking at pictures and even says something that sounds like "who's this?"
So...my goal was to get pictures of him with everyone at his party. I think I missed a few people, but I got almost everyone and look forward to putting together his photo album (that I got on clearance for $1.50!). I'm sure he will love it and it'll be a good way for him to get to know that relatives that he doesn't see alot.
So...here come the pictures. There's alot of them!
 |
| Mom, Dad and Michael |
There are a LOT more pictures, but I think it would be photo overload, so I hope no one's feelings are hurt by me leaving a few pictures off.
All of the pictures of Michael with his aunts, uncles and cousins will be going in his own special photo book, so the Birthday Boy will be looking at them often!
Just a little update on Michael's 1-year stats:
He weighs 24 pounds 7 ounces! (75th%)
He is 30 1/2 inches tall! (75th%)
His head is 19 inches! (90th%)
He also got 4 shots which he was not happy about.
We are now trying Lactose free whole milk, cause his tummy was a little sensitive to regular whole milk. We were told not to be surprised since he had such a sensitive tummy with formula.
We feel so lucky to have a happy, healthy, growing baby boy!
Thanks for checking in!
Hey Jen,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful write up of Michael's first birthday!!! We feel so blessed to see it. Michael is such a precious little guy, and he's so fortunate to be born into such a loving family. Thanks for sharing the pictures and sharing the memories with us. Lots of Love, Aunt Kathy & Uncle Cal
Thanks, Kathy and Cal! He's so much fun! Love ya!
Delete