Bumbleberry

Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Pieper Version of Let's Dish!

I had my first Let's Dish experience back in September when I went with my friend, Tasha.  I really enjoyed it and it was great to have so many meals in the freezer when I was finished!  The only draw-back was that it was not cheap...cheaper than eating out, but still not cheap.

I had told my sisters about the experience and after a while, we decided it might be kinda fun to all get together and do a Pieper girls version of it.  We also thought it might be a little cheaper and a little more relaxed doing it by ourselves.

This morning we all got together at my sister, Deanne's, house and we each put together a meal that could be put in the freezer and either put in a slow-cooker or warmed in the oven for later. 

Since there are 4 of us, we all ended up with 4 meals:
1.  Fiesta Chicken Tacos
2.  Beef Enchiladas
3.  Turkey Meatballs with Slow-roasted BBQ sauce and cheesy hashbrowns
4.  Hearty Beef Stew

Looking back, it maybe wasn't the best idea to get together and assemble.  It might be better to make our individual meals at home and then gather and hand out the meals.  We also didn't figure out the cost of each meal.  Who knows?  It might be just as expensive as the original version, but we had fun in a little more relaxed environment.

We didn't argue like we normally do, we just hung out and enjoyed each others company along with our kids minus Michael who stayed home with Rob.  I missed having Michael there and it would have been fun watching him play with his cousins, but more often than not, he gets too overstimulated and ends up clinging to me which wouldn't have been a good thing when we're in the kitchen.

It was a good day and we even ended up having enough food to send 1 of each meal home for my mom and dad.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment