Bumbleberry

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oh, Caffeine...

I LOVE Diet Pepsi. 

It's my fav, but if it's not available, I'll settle for any soda really. 

Yes, I call it soda.

I was drinking an insane amount of Diet Pepsi in one day...anywhere from 3-6 cans. 

I know.  A LOT!

Then one night I woke up in the middle of the night with an insane headache unlike anything I ever had before...and I suffer from migraines!  I ended up needing to use a few ice packs and take one of those lovely, left-over oxycodone from my c-section in order for the pain to go away.

I then realized that I had very minimal water the day before and a lot of soda.

I woke up the next morning and decided to completely cut caffeine.

Cold Turkey.

I gave up caffeine for a while during my pregnancy with Michael and during breastfeeding afterwards.  It wasn't horrible and I didn't feel "addicted". 

I heard horror of people who were addicted to caffeine going through withdrawal and having horrible headaches and other symptoms and was ready for the onslaught of all of them when I cut the caffeine.

3 days after I stopped drinking soda, I decided to try drinking a Diet Coke at work with lunch.  Bad idea!  Almost immediately, I started feeling my pulse behind my eyes and my heart was beating a mile a minute.  From that point on I decided I am DONE!!!!

No more caffeine for me!

I know there are a lot more things I can do for my health...losing weight, eating better, exercising, etc.  But for right now, I'm dealing with the caffeine and no soda thing.

It's going well.  There are some days where I just want the fizz of soda, but I can get through it.

One thing down...
8 million more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment