Bumbleberry

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

15 months!

I'm sorry it's been a while since I last posted.  I've also been a little stingy with pictures.  Whenever Michael does something super cute, I run to grab the camera and he stops. 

Michael officially turned 15 months yesterday!  He is such a little ham!  He loves to walk around, show off his belly when asked, read books and point out the animals he sees, drink from his sippy cup without using his hands, try to put on his shoes and socks by himself, pet Harley and tell him to stop barking (in his own language of course!), and carrying around anything he can lift...including some rather heavy toys!

We spent yesterday morning at Auntie Dawn's salon and he watched his mom get her hair cut.  No hair cuts for the little man yet.  His hair is looking a little longish, but I just can't bring myself to get his hair cut!  It's the hair he was born with!  I know, I'm a dork.

The last few night have been a little rough at our house.  He has been waking up 2-3 times per night for 1-2 hours at a time.  Now some people might think I have it super easy compared to what their little one's sleeping habits are, but Michael usually sleeps / needs to sleep at least 10-11 hours a night...down at 7pm and awake around 6am!  Ugh!  He did the same thing at the beginning of the month and ended up having a ear infection when I took him into the doctor.

Last time, the first antibioctic did a number on his GI tract.  They stopped that one and put him on Zithromax, which is supposed to be a great med!  Wrong!  I don't think his ear infection ever went away and has been left to brew for the last two weeks!  Poor baby! 

We made a trip to the peds again this morning and sure enough, he has another ear infection, this time in both ears instead of just his right.  Actually, I should stop calling it "another" infection...same one that didn't get all the way better 2 weeks ago that is now back with a vengeance!

Well, first dose of antibiotic is in, a little ibuprofen for the swelling/pain, and a nap.  Hopefully he'll wake up feeling a little better.

I was going to upload a picture here, but I just found that I have not uploaded any pictures to my computer for the last 2 1/2 months.  Bad mom award.  I guess I better start snapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment