That's how I've tried to spend the past week or so.
Saturday we had a great day with Rob's parents, his brother Peter and and his family. We hung out at the elder Polingo's home and had a nice lunch and visit. Pete kept looking at his oldest daughter who is now 10 saying "How did she get to be 10? Now she wants to be a teenager." Even though she can't wait to be 13, she still sat patiently with her younger sister and played Polly Pockets. Even Christopher, a very mature 8, sat down and played for a while. What great kids!
The rest of the weekend was pretty low-key. The nausea that I've been blessed/cursed with (blessed, because it makes me know everything is growing well, cursed, because I'm sick of it already!), took a toll and caused me to have a minor emotional breakdown. Rob was so sweet and concerned. He just sat and looked at his crazy wife wondering what was wrong with her and what he could do to try to help. He proceeded to go to the grocery store the next day. There, he got everything anyone ever told him might be the "cure" for morning sickness...tea, tomato soup, multiple kinds of crackers, granola bars, 7-Up, etc. What a guy! I'm a lucky girl!
Today, I was feeling pretty good and got to go visit my friend, Teresa and her new baby, Maci! She is just so cute! I helped to take pics of her for her birth announcement. Can't wait to see the finished results!
Chillin'. Lately, it's what I do best, so I will continue to just "chill."
No comments:
Post a Comment