When I tell people that March 1st (the official due date) seems so far away, anyone who has been pregnant before tells me that it goes by so fast.
I'm starting to realize how true this is!
It seems like I was just writing about our "Lucky Number 13" and now here we are at week 17 already!
I had an appointment today with a nurse practitioner and everything is great! The heartbeat today was in the 140's. It's lower than last time which concerned Rob, but the normal heartbeat range is from 110-160, so I'm happy! She could also hear the baby moving away from the dopplar which was kinda cool. I'm still not feeling any movement though. Soon!
I did find out one thing today though that I'm not real thrilled about. Every pregnant woman has to take a glucose tolerance test...usually around 24-28 weeks. Since I am a "larger woman", I have to not only take the test, but take it twice! The first time will be tomorrow and the second time at the routine 24-28 weeks. All-in-all it is a good thing. If I have gestational diabetes, I want it caught early to help prevent any issues with the baby. However, cutting back on carbs (which I love!) is going to be tough. I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but just in case I met Rob for lunch at Olive Garden and did some extra carb eating. It may be my last "carb meal" for a while! Wish me Luck!
When I got home today, I decided to take Harley for a walk. I wasn't feeling the greatest (yup, the nausea and vomiting are still present!) and thought a little fresh air would be great to help curb the nausea. I was right...the fresh air was great and helped with the nausea...until Harley decided he had to do #2. Not good. Being the responsible pet owner, I picked up his...we'll just call it "production." Good thing the fresh air was readily available.
And...breathe. Just breathe...
Did you pass??
ReplyDeleteCrossing my fingers for a passing result! I feel the same way about carbs! :)
ReplyDelete