We have hit yet another milestone...32 weeks!
Why is this a milestone? Because if I should happen to go into labor, I can now "officially" deliver at good ole' FSH with little possibility that the little one would need to be transferred to a different hospital. Yay!
I had another doctor appointment today and all is as it should be.
I'm measuring at 33 weeks (no big deal that it's a week ahead) and the baby's heartbeat today was pumping away in the 140's. The baby is head down again (It was breech a week ago. We have an acrobat on our hands.)
I was also scheduled for another ultrasound during my 34 week appointment to check on the baby's growth and fluid levels. This is something that my OB clinic normally does, so it's nothing to be worried about. In fact, it just gives us an excuse to see the baby one more time before D-Day. We'll be attempting to hold strong and still NOT find out what this baby is!
I also am fully aware that I skipped over the ever important "Christmas" post. This was my Christmas to work, so we didn't really celebrate Christmas until this past weekend. We spent New Year's Day with my family at my mom and dad's. Playing with babies and watching them attempt to open their presents was lots of fun. During the fun, we tested out Ava's knowledge of her new cousin. It was kinda fun!
1. She has said from the beginning that this baby is a girl.
2. Even though she knows it's a girl, she has no idea what it's name is. For the record, neither do we!
3. She wants to see it and doesn't understand why she can't. Auntie Jen told her that she can't see it either. Not until we go to the hospital and the doctor takes it out.
4. She wanted to go to the hospital right then and there to get it out. "Can we go there now?" Auntie explained that the baby is still really little and has to get bigger before it can come out.
5. She tried to feel it move multiple times during the day. "Why doesn't it move?" "Cause it's sleeping." "How do we wake it up?"
6. J - "Ava, will you change the baby's diaper?"
A - "It might be poopy."
J - "You would still change it, right?"
A - "No, you would."
She's pretty smart!
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is getting a jump start on a wonderful New Year!
yipeeee!!! So happy things are going well and soon you will be holding him or her! So much fun and an anticipation that is difficult to describe! What a lucky little baby! xoxo
ReplyDelete