Bumbleberry

Friday, July 9, 2010

F-A-R-M

For those of you who know Harley, there are certain words that cannot be said around our house without him getting super excited; running from the kitchen to the living room, and letting out his high-pitched, "I'm excited" bark.

F-A-R-M is one of them. After 5 years, I've gotten smart. I have now learned to get everything packed, in the car and ready to go before I even mention the word.

My family does not believe me. They think I make it up. Until I am the cruel "mom" and say f-a-r-m to Harley and watch him run around, just to tell him nope, sorry, just kiddin'. But...I'll take you for a walk instead.

Oops...another four-letter word that can't be said in front of certain doggy ears. It makes him happy.

We made such a trip to the f-a-r-m today. As his usual, he jumps out of the car, runs for 5 seconds and proceeds to poop twice in the next 5 minutes. My Dad jokes that I should charge him for fertilizer.

Someday, Harley. Someday, we might be lucky enough to live in a large enough area where our backyard could be the f-a-r-m. If I can convince Rob... Ha!

Someday...

1 comment: