Bumbleberry

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our Diamond Ring is now a Gummy Bear...

I have never been really good at keeping secrets. I'm even worse at keeping secrets when it's something fun and exciting to share.

Especially when I didn't know when or if I'd be able to share this secret.

After the removal of 8 fibroids from my uterus last November, I was told all was clear with going forward to having kids. I was so excited, but didn't want to get my hopes up. February came and we had the official "go-ahead" from my doctor. A few months went by and I started getting skeptical about the possibility of having a baby. Then one night before I went to bed, I decided to take a test. I had seen "not" so many times, I couldn't believe that it finally just said "Pregnant." Rob didn't believe me either. He had to come up to look at it and make sure it wasn't defective. So I took another test the next morning. Still "Pregnant."

I spoke with one of my doctors in the next 2 weeks. He told me that because of my surgeries, there was a possibility of it not growing in the right place AKA my uterus and he recommended going into the office for an early ultrasound. At 6 weeks, I didn't expect to see anything exciting. Little did I know I would see the heartbeat for the first time! At that appointment, the ultrasound tech told me we had a little diamond ring. The yolk sac is the circle, and the baby is the diamond. No offense, honey, but it was the prettiest diamond ring I ever saw!


At 8 weeks, Rob and I went into the clinic for our first "official" OB visit. We had another ultrasound. Our little diamond ring had grown into a "Gummy Bear". One of the doctors even said it looked like it was waving at us. I don't think it's possible for an arm bud to wave, but being the ecstatic new pregnant lady, I latched onto that little comment. I loved it!


We told our family shortly after the "diamond ring" ultrasound, but were waiting to tell our co-workers and extended family until 10-12 weeks.

I can't keep my mouth shut.

It started with me telling one of my co-workers/friends who is due the same week as me.

Then I got caught eating saltines at work and taking a morning break when I usually don't. One of my co-workers told me I looked green.

And some of my friends must have some weird 6th sense. A little ESP. They just flat out told me I must be pregnant.

Ever heard of the snow-ball effect? Yup. That's me. Once I tell a few people I can't stop!

So I ok'd it with Rob and here we are.

It's on facebook.

It's on the blog.

Nine weeks down. Only 30 more weeks to go!

2 comments:

  1. I love that little gummy bear already!! God keep you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jen!!!! So excited for you. I got a sneaky suspicion when you just didn't seem "right" on Friday and wanted to leave early because you were so tired! :-) Enjoy your pregnancy! It will fly by and before you know it you'll be holding that little one in your arms. It's THE BEST!!

    ReplyDelete