As I stated in recent posts, because this baby was not cooperating for the last 2 ultrasounds and we couldn't see it's lip and nose, we were scheduled for a Level II ultrasound.
Today was the day...25 weeks and 6 days along to be exact!
It didn't start out well. The kid was once again being camera shy and refused to let the face be seen.
After a few measurements, she went back to the face and had much success! We even got a profile picture. It sounds weird, even to me, but until I saw that little face, it almost didn't seem real until now. The tech was also kind enough to take a 3D picture of the baby's face, but it still looks a little alien-like, so I'm leaving that picture off.
It likes to have it's hands up by its face. Rob said it's cause the baby's pissed about all the ultrasounds being done! :) He was actually waiting for it to flip us off.
We even saw it yawn/open it's mouth today. Rob told me that is what he liked the best about today.
It's little hand!
Profile
Profile with it's hands and arms up by it's face.
After the ultrasound, the perinatologist came in. He's someone I've worked with before and was thrilled when I found out he was working today. He told us everything looked great! No "markers" for any type of chromosomal abnormalities and all parts of the baby looked perfectly normal. We couldn't be more happy!
I also wanted to say Congrats to my cousin, Maizie and her husband Tony on the birth of their 4th child today! Benjamin Thomas arrived sometime this morning and I'm told he is very handsome! Congrats!



No comments:
Post a Comment