I've gotten a lot of comments from friends and family lately.
Most of those comments have to do with some of the things that are coming out of my mouth. No, not vomit. It's those snippy comments when my tolerance for bull$h!t is at an all-time low. Usually those comments stay in my head or are said under my breath when no one around me can hear. I also don't put up with rude comments or actions from people lately.
My reason?
The Filter.
I've decided that this pregnancy has removed the filter from my brain to my mouth and is now letting me express myself in all ways possible to let others know how I really feel.
I had an awesome day with 6 friends from high school this past Saturday. During that day (including a road trip to Albertville), I apparently let some comments and words fly that my best friends had not heard me say or even think to say before. Let's just say the f-bomb was repeatedly uttered in many different forms. It's a beautifully diverse word :).
I should clarify that I am fully aware that being pregnant does not give me an excuse to be a b!tch. But like I said before, my tolerance level has dropped dramatically.
I'm not sure if this filter will return once I no longer have a placenta, but in the words of Chantel, "I like Jenny without a filter." (Yes, my long-time friends do call me Jenny)
Welcome to my new world! :)
This made me smile:-) And it's true I do like Jenny without a filter!
ReplyDeleteChantel
I love it! I can relate to this - as I lost my filter when I was pregnant with my first too. And I don't think it has come back. :) Here's to speaking the truth and not tolerating the junk!!
ReplyDelete