Bumbleberry

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seven measley points...

I'll start off with the good news first...

I had my 25 week appointment today!  For those of you who are not familiar with the "Birthplace" vocab, it means that our little one is now viable, meaning that if it had to, it could survive outside of me.  Don't get me wrong.  I will be more than happy to wait 13 more weeks to meet him/her.  However, like I said, if it had to be born now, it could survive!

Since the US tech couldn't see the baby's lip and nose last time (1 month ago, already!), she had to look again today which means we got to see the baby again!  Once again, it has been confirmed that we have a stubborn baby on our hands cause it wouldn't look at us.  This means that we will now be scheduled for a Level II ultrasound.  Not seeing the lip and nose is not a huge cause for concern, but it's something the doctor really wants to see...thus, the Level II.

I was also scolded today but the nurse pracitioner to keep an eye on my blood pressure when at work and to slow down on the weight gain, which has hit the 13 pounds mark.  I was so tempted to say "Preachin' to the choir."  However, now that it has been officially made a "concern" by the NP, I'll be more apt to watch what goes in my mouth.

Which brings us to the not-so-good news...

I also had my repeat 1-hour glucose test today.  They had me drink the "glucola" before the ultrasound and my NP appt, so I only had to be bored for 30 minutes instead of a full hour.  The same lab tech drew my blood this time as last, so I feel we have a bond :).  I could tell by her expression as she ran the test, that I had failed.  In order to pass, I had to have a result below 130.  Lucky me, my result was 136.  Seven measley points that will totally ruin my morning tomorrow.  I have another appointment tomorrow morning at 8am for 3 loooooonnnnngg hours.  Which means I have to sit there for 3 hours. Not moving.  Not walking.  Not eating breakfast other than more orange flavored, high-sugar, cola drink.  I also get my blood drawn every hour on the hour during that time for a total of 4 pokes.  Please pray for me as I may not be the most pleasant person if I have to limit carbs for the next 13 weeks.  But please don't get me wrong.  I will do what I have to do for my health and the health of the peanut.  I just hope I pass.

Since we couldn't see much of the baby today, we didn't get many pictures, but we did get one of the baby scratching its head.  The head is the white half-circle and the hand is next to it on the left with the fingers bent.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment