First, we've started Mr. Michael on rice cereal! He started waking up in the middle of the night, which he had not done the past few weeks. Not that I don't love to see that smiling face at 3am, but I am also a huge fan of sleep! His pediatrician also said we could start him on cereal at any time.
His first day of cereal was this past Tuesday, June 28th. He slightly enjoyed the first few bites until he realized it wasn't his bottle. He then starting pitching a fit until he got the bottle back. Not such a great try. The past few nights have gone a little better until the full success story of tonight! He had his bottle first, let go of a few good burps and ate all of his cereal!!! It took a little convincing, but he eventually got it all down the hatch...and so far it's staying down! Yay!
The set up
The first bite
Not so sure!
Gagging :(
I had to drop the camera to get to him, therefore the blurry pic
Success!!!
Speaking of staying down, he has been spitting up alot more lately. That normally is not a big deal due to his reflux, but he has also been screaming when he does it, so we had to increase his doseage of Prilosec. So far, so good! The doctor wants us to give it a week, but even after a couple days, we're already noticing an improvement.
We're also trying to not swaddle him a night. I've had too many scares lately where I wake up to him squirming in the cradle and he has his face covered with the wings of the sleeper! The problem with that is, at some point during the night, he usually wakes himself up with having his arms out. I know he can't be swaddled forever, but it'll be a while before he's fully done with it.
Don't worry, the monkey was moved after theis picture was taken (it's his pacifier).
Here are a few other "four month" pics that didn't get added last time. Enjoy!!!
Really, Mom???
I love those little feet!
I caught a smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment