Somebody check the date! I'm actually getting Michael's monthly update posted on time!
I got an email recently from one of those baby sites that mentioned that right around the 9 month mark, most babies have been out in the world longer than they were in utero. Sure enough! Today marks week #39 for Michael in this world. He was out at 38 weeks! It's crazy to look back at the first ultrasounds and how tiny these little miracles start out and to see how BIG he is now!
Michael had his 9 month well check yesterday.
His measurements are:
22 pounds 6 ounces - 78th percentile
29 3/4 inches tall - 92nd percentile
18 1/2 inch head - 93rd percentile
He's a big boy!
He also had 2 shots/vaccines and a blood draw to check his lead level and hemoglobin.
All is well!
The doctor also rechecked his ears since he had a recent ear infection and both ears looked good too!
The past month has been a busy one for Michael.
He's learning lots of new things and eating a few new textures.
We had Halloween and we went the boring route. Michael went as a pumpkin!
| Not so thrilled with a pumpkin bigger than him! |
| Jayde, Ava and Michael |
| Getting a kiss from Cousin Wyatt! |
| Brooklyn and Michael |
He is now officially a crawler and likes to try to "get" Harley who is not too sure about this new attention.
| Checkin out the backyard |
He's also been testing his strength and attempting to pull himself up on furniture. He can't quite figure out how to get on his feet yet, but he is able to pull himself up on his knees pretty easily.
| Trying to stand! |
I also found something new and exciting one day after Michael's nap...
some nice big, tooth-sized marks on the top of his crib rails!
Yes, I would like to keep the crib looking somewhat decent, but I was more concerned about my child eating paint to possibly getting some wood slivers in his mouth! I check out some ideas on how to make my own crib rail guard online and instead found this fantastic idea!
Being a first time mom, I felt the need to buy a bedding set, including bumpers that (as a paranoid first-timer) I decided were too dangerous to use! Well, well, well. Those never-used bumpers are now my rail guard! LOVE IT!!!!
(Michael was propped up for this picture:))
| Demonstrating how the tooth marks got on the crib! |
| What?!?! |
At last...I know you've been waiting...are his 9 month pictures!
He kept the sticker on this time!
Thanks again, Ana for the stickers and Krista for the distraction of his glow-worm!
| Coming after the camera! |
| We're done here, right? |
Thanks for checking in! See ya next time!
Love, Love, Love your post. Papa and Nanny hope we get to see him before he starts walking! :-)
ReplyDeleteLove, Nana Peeps