Bumbleberry

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's going around.

Nope, nothing fun is going around.

The "flu", a nasty stomach bug, or whatever you may want to call itis.

It started with my sister. She got it last Wednesday night. Being the good sister, I went over to her house on Friday to help with the girls while they went to my brother-in-law's grandfather's funeral. She was still in bed when I got there, stayed in bed until the very last minute, but started to feel better by the time she got home later that afternoon.

I had just gotten my flu shot. I've been throwing up (not to sugar-coat it) for the last 11 weeks. Throwing up is nothing new to me. I felt (almost) invincible.

Until Sunday...

Our church was hosting a fundraiser for a family whose home was destroyed by a fire. Not only was the man of the family a high school classmate of mine, but his wife has been a close friend of mine since pre-school. They met at my 16th birthday party and married 5 years later. They have 3 little, adorable kiddos. Me? Help out? No problem.

I woke up not feeling well and chalked it up to "morning sickness". Halfway through the benefit, I really started not feeling well and excused myself. The rest of the afternoon was not "normal" for me. Then later that night the one thing that could differentiate morning sickness from a stomach bug occured. I'll leave it at that and spare you the gory details.

I've now been "sick" for 3 days and am starting to feel more normal. Then today, I get a call from Rob saying he's coming home from work early with a body aches, fever and nausea. He's upstairs sleeping right now. And I'm downstairs trying to inhale as much fresh, non-infected air as possible.

With any luck, in our family, it will end with us. We've quarantined ourselves.

But beware...

It's going around!

2 comments:

  1. We had the flu in our house too! KNOCK ON WOOD, I haven't gotten it yet. Somehow, someway...only ONE of our roomates has had it...the rest of us have been fine...for now. Feel better mamma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no, NOT ROB, too!?!? I'm feeling good - so far, but I believe that your Dad had it . . . so far I've been spared - KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete