Bumbleberry

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

F-A-R-M again... and the new ride!

For those of you who don't believe me when I tell you that Harley knows the word farm...I'm attaching a short video of when I told him we were going there today. Hopefully it works since I've never uploaded a video on here before! (Okay, so I checked it out after I posted this and it didn't work. I'll have to pick the brains of some of my fellow bloggers to figure it out in the future!)


Before we left for the farm, I had to move some stuff around in the van. That's right. I said van. I'm a convert. My co-worker/friend's husband recently got a job at Burnsville Dodge. Knowing that Dodge still makes a mini van and that this was a salesman we could trust (hey, I know where he lives!), we decided to check it out. Rob and I have been considering buying a van since before we even knew we were expecting. We were leaning towards one of the more "popular" brands, but when we looked at the prices and what we would get for the money, we decided on the Grand Caravan. With financing being a steal and getting a good price for my trade-in car, we couldn't pass it up! We went and looked at it on Thursday and brought it home on Friday. Believe me, it took a while to get used to driving it and I'm still extremely cautious, but so far I love it! My entire family is taking a trip to the Dells in January, and we've already been assigned to have Ava in the van since it has built in DVD players. Yup...players. Two! With headphones! What's not to love! I guess it has good horsepower too. Me? I'm all about the fun stuff. Just give me a back-up camera, DVD player and a phone that connects to the van, and I'm a happy camper.



The new ride!


Going out to the farm also gave me some time to spend with my sister, Jo and my two nieces Ava and Jayde. Who am I kidding? She just wanted some help with cutting back her perennials. (Just Kidding, Jo!) I got in some "holding" time with Ava and a nice little snuggle with a napping Jayde. There's nothing better than a baby falling asleep on your chest and being prefectly content. Content enough to even let the nuk fall out of her mouth and the light snoring to start. She's such a sweetie!


Jayde Marie























Ava Gabrielle



















Harley was hyper as ever during his trip to the farm. He tortured some cats, ran after Ava, pooped twice in the first 5 minutes of being out of the van and rolled around in some cat poop. Let's just say he needed a bath desperately before we left. Thanks, Jo, for helping me give him a bath! On the way home, he crashed in the back and inhaled his food when we got home. He's currently passed out on his bed. It'll be a good night!

By the way, there's no pics of Harley cause he's just too fast to get a good pic of him at the f-a-r-m.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the club! You will love your van. We love ours!! (Even my hubby who swore against one for years!)

    Thanks for your comment about the pics. They were actually taken right in the back of our house. We have a preserve with all those trees/paths/etc. It's so pretty right now and perfect for pics!

    ReplyDelete