Bumbleberry

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Stuewe Family

Last week my sister, Jodene mentioned that she wanted to try to have a fall family picture taken to commemorate Jayde's 7 month "birthday" as well as to simply have a recent family photo including Jayde. Instead of going to a "pro", she asked me if I would be willing to take some pics.

I am not a professional. I am simply a photographer wanna-be with a mediocre camera and average eye. I told her I'd give it a shot and hopefully we'd come out with something decent enough to put in a frame.

The problem? Her husband Andy is a busy farmer who recently cut all of his hay and is in the middle of fall harvest. What's the big deal? In farming, a good weather day is a crazy busy day. We knew getting him to agree to take even a few hours off to sit in front of a camera was going to be tough.

I had to be the annoying sister-in-law and text him yesterday saying "This is your warning. Pictures tomorrow in Chaska." His response "K". What a guy! No arguing.

We planned a trip to the Arboretum in Chaska for today...a beautiful fall day. It was almost too warm! We stayed in the car and did the 3-mile drive. It's gorgeous! I had never been to the Arboretum and I was amazed just driving into the parking lot how beautiful everything was. Part of the reason the pics turned out so great was the scenery.

The other part was how cooperative my "subjects" were. Andy was very generous with 2 hours of picture taking and even Ava and Jayde held it together long enough to get some good shots. At least...what I think are good shots.

Here are some of the results. I'm not good with photo editing, but I think they turned out pretty good all the same. Enjoy!







My Favorite One




















Being silly















1 comment:

  1. Great Pics Jen and Jo!

    I must say though, the the one of Jo and Andy kissing with Ava and Jayde hugging in front of them, makes me laugh. Looking at just the two of them, it looks like some parent just left them in the woods to fend for themselves :) Still laughing...

    ReplyDelete